- Coconut oil– This stuff is amazing! (On certain things) I love coconut oil in sweets and meats. I am not a huge fan of making eggs in coconut oil. We buy our coconut oil from Trader Joes for about $6 and the jar lasts me about a month or more. At first I used it for everything and it got old real quick but now that I have cut back it is a very nice flavor every once in a while.
- Olive oil– No explanation needed, I use it on everything! I usually don’t discriminate against my olive oil but I just buy the huge ones from Sam’s club because I go through it so quickly
- Ghee– Ghee is a type of clarified butter that is prepared by boiling butter and removing the residue. Spices can be added for flavor. Ghee has a long shelf life and if kept in an air tight container does not need to be refrigerated. I have never cooked with ghee but from what I hear it is better than butter
- Butter– No lie, we still use good ol’ butter every once in a while
NO PEANUT BUTTER!
- Almond butter and sunflower butter is the way to go. My favorite brand is Justin’s Maple almond butter. I put it on apples, and celery as a snack. The one crazy thing about Justin’s is it is about $10 a jar! But the good thing they do is sell individual packets and I just buy 2 or 3 of them per week and thats $3 instead of $10!
By the way, I now detest the smell of peanut butter! I never really liked it before but now I can’t even smell it.
<>Eat Real Food<>